Singapore: As desperate times call for desperate measures, a couple opted for a unique approached of wedding reception via video conference as they feared having contracted Coronavirus in their recent travels to China.
The Singapore couple got married earlier last year but decided to host a grand wedding reception later. As guests began to get apprehensive in the fear of Coronavirus, the couple wanted to postpone the event, but the hotel refused, stating that arrangements have been made and it is non-negotiable, reported BBC.
Also Read: Coronavirus: Air India flight delayed after Chinese man vomits
So they found a modern solution to their problem wherein they dressed in their wedding attire and stayed in the hotel room, while the guests enjoyed the grand affair in the banquet hall. In the end, only 110 of the 190 invited guests made it to the occasion, many skipping it for various different reasons.
Coronavirus hs claimed over 600 lives across the globe till now. It was first detected in China’s Wuhan city, and now reported across the world including Singapore, India etc.
- Heatwave conditions likely to continue for 3 more days in Bengal
- Nagaland: 16-yr-old Tenloi Phom secures silver in National school games
- Arunachal athletes battling for life after deadly accident
- Manipur: Security forces continue combing operations for 2nd day
- Ties with China cannot progress without peace at border: Jaishankar
- Bengal panchayat polls to be held on July 8