Guwahati: An Air India flight from Pune to New Delhi was delayed by four hours after a Chinese national puked onboard. The passenger was deboarded and admitted at a local hospital in Pune. According to reports, the passenger has been quarantine and his samples have been sent to the National Institute of Virology (NIV) in Pune for testing.
This comes amidst the outbreak of novel Coronavirus outbreak which has claimed over 600 lives till date.
The Air India flight was scheduled to leave at 7.40 am, finally took off for Delhi at 12.11 pm as the passengers and crew onboard raised concerns. Before going ahead with its onward journey, the aircraft was sanitised.
The Chinese national’s travel details are currently being investigated.
In India, three confirmed cases of Coronvavirus have been reported in Kerala. Screening centres have been established at several airports where there is movement of international flights.
Worldwide, several countries have imposed travel restrictions to China.
- Mizoram: 40,000 kg Areca nuts worth Rs 1.56 crore recovered
- BJP workers attacking Raijor Dal workers: Akhil Gogoi
- Vincent Pala’s statement on jhum cultivation not based on facts: NESFAS
- Denmark Open: PV Sindhu loses in quarters
- Bar Himanta from by-poll campaign: Cong leader writes to poll panel
- Vaccination drive a success because of you all: Arunachal CM to healthcare workers