Guwahati: On charges of his involvement in poaching, police arrested one person in Bokajan of Karbi Anglong district on Wednesday.
Based on a specific input of illegal transaction of a suspected rhino horn by some unknown persons, sub divisional police officer (SDPO) Bokajan, PK Pegu, launched an operation and arrested one person.
Also Read: Naga leaders, ULFA hold meet to discuss ongoing talks with Centre
The accused has been identified as Lalkhongmang Kipgen (40) of Karbi Anglong.
A rhino horn, weighting around 510 grams, was also recovered from the possession of the accused.
According to a press release, a two wheeler, bearing registration no. WB 20 R 3400, and a mobile phone with SIM card were also seized from the accused.
- India’s 1st indigenous aircraft carrier begins 2nd phase sea trials
- Assam: First-ever dog cemetery commissioned in Sonapur
- Witness says NCB official demanded Rs 25 cr from Shah Rukh Khan to release son
- Process of sanctioning new China border battalions for ITBP in final stage: Rai
- NIT Sikkim’s permanent campus to be ready in 3 years: minister
- Elephant dies due to electrocution in Assam