Guwahati: National award winning filmmaker Rima Das had been invited to be one of the jury members of the 70th Berlin International Film Festival to be held from February 20 this year.
Das, who hails from Assam, will be the international jury member of the Generation 14 plus segment along with Iranian Abbas Amini and Jenna Bass of South Africa.
Generation 14 Plus is part of the Generation sections at Berlinale, as the prestigious festival is called. And the award ceremony for the Generation 14 Plus competition will take place on February 28, 2020.
Rima Das has been described as one of the “Most Influential Young Indians of 2018” by GQ India. While her 2017 film Village Rockstars premiered at Toronto International Film Festival. Her film Bulbul Can Sing received a special mention from the 14 plus International Jury.
After her grand success with Village Rockstar which was also India’s official entry for the Oscars last year, Rima Das has become a household name in the festivals across the globe.
- Odisha health minister shot at by cop in Jharsuguda dist, accused held
- Assam govt to make docu on Patharughat peasant uprising: CM
- New Songs Sunday: Pray It Away, You Only Love Me & more
- NGT refrains from imposing Rs 1,000 crore fine on Assam
- State to file review petition in SC to expunge ‘foreigner’ tag on Sikkimese Nepali
- India records 109 new COVID-19 infections