Guwahati: Youth Olympic champion Jeremy Lalrinnunga clinched the men’s 67 kg title in the 72nd men’s and 35th women’s Senior National Weightlifting Championships in Kolkata on Monday.
The Mizoram lifter, who became the first Indian to win a gold medal at the youth Olympic Games in Bueno Aires in 2018, lifted 132 kg after two failed attempts but he was at his best in clean and jerk to lift 167 kg en route to a total of 299 kg.
The effort still was short of his personal best of 306 kg recorded at the International Qatar Cup in December last year.
Meanwhile, Maharashtra’s Shubham Kolekar registered two national records in the championship.
- Sikkim floods: 10 dead, 82 missing, 14 bridges collapse
- Arunachal CM expresses sadness, shock at Sikkim floods
- Sikkim Police notifies road situation; check details here
- Handkerchief or tissue? Which one’s better for our health and the planet?
- Assam: Half marathon event to be held on Oct 29 in Dibrugarh
- RBI approves merger of North East Small Fin Bank, fintech unicorn Slice