Guwahati: Youth Olympic champion Jeremy Lalrinnunga clinched the men’s 67 kg title in the 72nd men’s and 35th women’s Senior National Weightlifting Championships in Kolkata on Monday.
The Mizoram lifter, who became the first Indian to win a gold medal at the youth Olympic Games in Bueno Aires in 2018, lifted 132 kg after two failed attempts but he was at his best in clean and jerk to lift 167 kg en route to a total of 299 kg.
The effort still was short of his personal best of 306 kg recorded at the International Qatar Cup in December last year.
Meanwhile, Maharashtra’s Shubham Kolekar registered two national records in the championship.
- Spent Rs 20.7L on preservation of cultural sites in 2021-22: Govt
- Manipur: Guv La Ganesan opens 3rd session of 12th Legislative Assembly
- Green bonds, SLBs, MDBs in focus at Guwahati G20 meet on sustainable finance
- Rare rocks for Lord Ram idol reach Ayodhya from Nepal
- Confiscate assets of officers operating illegal coke plants: Meghalaya HC
- ‘Immigrant’ row: Now, Sikkim health minister MK Sharma resigns