Guwahati: An official has been arrested on Tuesday in the case of alleged looting of gold by three Government Railway Police (GRP) personnel from a passenger on board Dibrugarh-Delhi Rajdhani Express in Assam’s Guwahati railway station in January.
According to sources, an assistant sub-inspector (ASI) has been arrested.
Earlier, a case was registered by the victim, Suresh Kumar, against three GRP officials for looting 1 kg gold from him at Guwahati railway station.
The complainant said that in the garb of regular checking, they caught hold of Kumar and found him carrying a 1-kg gold biscuit. He alleged that the GRP officials took the gold from his luggage claiming that they will register a case, but they fled with it.
- An expert explains the recipe for making the perfect romcom
- Mizoram records 534.42 crores loss over two years due to African Swine Fever
- Arunachal: Tawang Marathon draws massive participation from across India, UK
- Mizoram Chief Minister accuses ZPM of contradictory actions regarding Chakma votes
- NASA just brought back the largest-ever asteroid sample
- Manipur: Wife of man arrested by NIA says he is wrongly implicated