New Delhi: After failing to find a partner on dating app Tinder, a man from Sheffield in Manchester shelled out 425 pounds (around Rs 39,937) for a billboard to advertise himself in a bid to find love.
The person, Mark Rofe (30), featured himself on a 3 m high and 6 m wide billboard to advertise his qualities.
The billboard erected on Fairfield street in Manchester, UK features a picture of Rofe lounging on his side with the caption, “Single? Date Mark. This could be the sign you’ve been waiting for”. The billboard also contains the name of his website “Dating Mark.co.uk”.
As per his website bio, he has also set up a crowdfunding page to buy more billboards in an around Manchester. According to a local news report, he plans to buy more billboards in Dublin, Edinburgh, Birmingham, Cardiff, Leeds, Sheffield, Portsmouth, Bristol, and London.
According to reports, Rofe, who is a marketing professional, said he was flattered with the number of responses he got.
Rofe also shared the billboard in his twitter handle saying, “The dating apps weren’t working, so I bought a billboard and set up a website to stand out and try get a date. Help me out datingmark.co.uk #DateMark”
- Rs 50,000 ex-gratia to kin of those who lost lives to COVID: Centre to SC
- Border issue: Khasi Hills council chief unhappy over exclusion
- Researchers have figured why COVID cases continue to rise in Mizoram
- RN Ravi formally relieved as interlocutor for Naga peace talks
- Manipur CM Biren Singh shows off football skills in friendly match
- Saree: Netizens wreak havoc on Delhi restaurant for denying woman entry