Kokrajhar: Assam finance and health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma welcomed the Union Budget 2020 presented by finance minister Nrrmala Sitharaman on Saturday,.
Speaking to media, Sarma said, “This budget has mainly focused on agriculture as well as health and education. So we are extremely happy with the budget, also we are very happy that the budget given lot of income tax benefit to middle class people. This budget will definitely create employment, this budget will inspire growth. I would like to compliment the finance minister Nirmala Sitaraman for this innovative budget.”
He also welcomed the budget announcement to connect the busiest waterway from Sadiya to Dhubri by 2022 and the decision to identify Sivasagar as one of the five iconic archeological sites of the country. One museum will be constructed there for better study and research, he added.
- Mizoram churches condole death of Assam Police personnel in border clash
- Won’t allow illegal coke factories in East Jaintia Hills: MLA Kyrmen Shylla
- Independent committee to probe ‘rice scam’: Meghalaya govt
- Boundary row: Mizoram Youth Congress seeks President’s intervention
- The Optics of India’s ‘Chinky’ medalists at the Olympics
- Heartbreak as Indian women crash out of Olympic hockey final race