Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh is all set to see Bollywood actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui who will be a part of the Reh festival at Anini in Dibang Valley district from February 1 to 3 this year.
The festival is being organised by the Central Reh Celebration Committee (CRCC), which has also created a picnic spot along with a camping site in the area.
Reh, which is celebrated during February and July, is the most significant festival for the Idu Mishmi tribe of the state.
The festival is observed to seek prosperity and welfare of near and dear ones and also the agriculture. The three-day colourful festival will comprise rituals inherited from forefathers, traditional dances by men and women of all ages, varieties of local cuisines and folklore which are passed through the generations by word of mouth.
Also Read: Arunachal Pradesh Social Entrepreneurship Meet 2020 gets underway
The Idu Mishmi people living in lower elevations and plains celebrate the festival during February, while the tribesmen living in snowy areas celebrate it during summers when the climate is warm and shoal of fish can be found in the rivers.
- Assam Assembly passes resolution against BBC amid oppn protests
- Indian envoy in Canada cancels event due to security concerns
- NFI to organise Lamka Youth Summit 2023 across NE states
- Mizoram: Two women arrested with heroin worth Rs 60 lakh
- Meghalaya CM: 726 drug-related cases registered, 1,330 arrested
- Mizoram: Amit Shah to inaugurate Assam Rifles complex on April 1