Aizawl: The Mizoram cabinet has approved amendment rules to check and ensure that teachers are posted at their respective postings, an official statement said.
The statement said that the council of ministers’ meeting held recently approved ‘The Mizoram Education (Transfer and Posting of School Education Teachers) Amendment Rules, 2020’ to be tabled in the state assembly during budget session to be held from February 17.
The meeting also endorsed the Constitution (One Hundred and Twenty-Sixth Amendment) Bill, 2019 to amend article 334 of the constitution.
The new amendment bill, which was passed by Rajya Sabha in December last year, allowed the scheduled castes and scheduled tribes to enjoy seat reservation for 10 years till January 25, 2030.
The state cabinet also agreed to enhance Inner Line Permit fee, official statement said.
Meanwhile, state’s apex student organisation, Mizo Zirlai Pawl (MZP), lauded the state government for approving teacher transfer and posting rules to be tabled in the state assembly.
The MZP in its statement said that introduction of the transfer and posting rules was a long drawn desire of the student body. It expressed hope that the new rules are implemented with immediate effect.
- Tripura: Two BSF jawans killed, one injured following scuffle
- Biden to host Indo-Pacific leaders as China concerns grow
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 24
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 24
- Congress issues show-cause notice to 212 workers in Assam
- Arunachal police arrest TV actor for running pornography website