Aizawl: The Mizoram Art and Photo Festival 2020 got underway at the Aijal Club Park in state capital Aizawl on Wednesday. The two-day festival has been organised by the state information and public relations department.
Altogether, 52 artists are taking part in the festival. They will showcase works of 15 pencil/charcoal drawings, 14 water colour, 44 acrylic oil on canvas and six sculptures.
Also, 28 members of the Mizoram Photographers’ Society are showcasing 165 of their photographs.
Water colour painting demonstration is also being organised at the festival.
Information and public relations minister Lalruatkima was also present at the inauguration. In his speech, the minister said, “I am really glad that an opportunity like this is organised to give platform to artists. In today’s world, it is important to keep documentation through art and photography.”
The minister added that construction of Lianchhiari Run will soon be completed where new and talented artists can bring to view their works at the threatre and gallery.
Meanwhile, the information and public relations department director in her speech encouraged artists to highlight more of Mizo traditions into their work and leave behind a treasure of cultural knowledge for generations to come.
Children’s Film Festival 2020 was also organised by Art and Culture Department in association with Children’s Film Society of India (CFSI).
- Hornbill Festival: Akashvani showcases vintage radio equipment
- Assam: Mahura Weaves opens showroom at Guwahati’s Roodraksh Mall
- Cong ignored spirit of anti-BJP alliance in state polls: Ex-Tripura CM
- Nagaland’s Keneilelie Sorünuo wins Silver in National Bodybuilding C’ship
- Digitised records from wildlife centres show how humans harm wild animals
- Mizoram: ZPM promises zero tolerance against corruption