Diphu: In a big boost to security forces, Karbi Anglong Police has arrested the self-styled ‘army chief’ of Dimasa National Liberation Army (DNLA) on Wednesday night.
Identified as Minom Phonglosa (37) alias Gazaw Dimasa of Sibrai Nohlai under Manja police station in Karbi Anglong, police also recovered one .22 pistol along with one magazine and ammunition from his possession.
Further details are awaited.
- Manipur: Dengue outbreak, but no need for panic say health officials
- Katrina Kaif-Vicky Kaushal set to marry? Here’s what Kat will wear
- Northeast Church leaders extend solidarity to Karnataka Christians
- Assam by-polls: Thowra heading for a BJP win, Raijor Dal might finish second
- Covid surge in West Bengal: 24 containment zones created
- Nagaland: Hope and apprehension as primary schools reopen slowly