New Delhi: Popular choreographer Ganesh Acharya has been allegedly accused of forcing a women choreographer to watch adult video and depriving of her work.
The 33-year old, Divya Kotian, who was an assistant female choreographer, has filed a complaint against him at the Maharashtra Women’s Commission and Amboli police station in Mumbai of traumatic abuse and depriving her of working in the film industry, demanding commission from income and forcing her to watch adult videos.
Kotian alleged that Acharaya has been harassing her ever since he became the General Secretary of the Indian Film and Television Choreographers Association (IFTCA).
She also claims that when she did not listen to him, Ganesh used his post to get her membership removed from the association, because of which her income has stopped. She says that whenever she asks for work from any other choreographer, they would all advise her to settle her dispute with Ganesh Acharya first.
Acharya had previously been involved in actor Tanushree Dutta’s complaints against Nana Patekar, which began the #MeToo movement in India in 2018. Tanushree had filed a police complaint against both men, and had accused Patekar of physically and sexually harassing her during the shoot of the 2008 film Horn Ok Pleassss, choreographed by Acharya. He has denied both Saroj Khan and Tanushree’s allegations.
- Garena’s Free Fire Max Redeem Codes for 6 January, 2023
- Nagaland polls: Only 6 candidates file nominations so far; deadline Tuesday
- Five held in Guwahati businessman murder case
- Shah, Mamata to arrive in poll-bound Tripura on Monday
- ISRO-NASA built satellite ready to be shipped to India for launch
- The consequences of childhood trauma on children’s mental health