Guwahati: The Assam tableau had secured the first position in the 71st Republic Day parade, 2020 in New Delhi.
Assam’s tableau depicted the rich weave of handicraft, dance, music, life and its people. Themed as “Land of Unique Craftmanship and Culture”, the tableau showcased several elements of the state’s culture.
Defence minister Rajnath Singh to hand over the trophies to the winning states at Rashtriya Rangshala Camp in Delhi.
Assam was followed by Odisha and Uttar Pradesh who were tied for the second position where, Odisha’s tableau depicted Lord Lingaraja’s Rukuna Rath Yatra whereas the tableau of Uttar Pradesh showcased the state’s cultural and religious heritage.
The Assam tableau made a strong statement in the first glimpse itself. Its form was resting on the heritage and tradition of bamboo and cane handicrafts, visibly and in spirit.
The gorgeous rawness in the abundance of the raw material which makes the state in the Northeast, particularly Assam the storehouse of nature’s gifts, looked enthralling in the depiction of the different elements.
Broadly, it portrayed three strong elements: bamboo, bhortal dance — which represents the sattriya tradition, and the brass cymbals, which were shown in depictions of human figures engrossed in the music and the playing of these.
- Making NE a strong economic zone important: Meghalaya CM
- Meghalaya home minister allays fears regarding HNLC diktat
- Delhi residents can now check real-time availability of burial, cremation sites
- More rain in store for Bengal; deluge likely in Darjeeling, Kalimpong
- Budding athletes from NE to get unique Diet scholarship
- Assam Cabinet approves measures to improve power connectivity