Guwahati: Preparations are in full awing to celebrate Saraswati Puja, festival of revering the Goddess of learning and wisdom, across the state on Wednesday and Thursday.
It is said that Saraswati Puja will be celebrated for two days this year. The puja timing starts from around 11 am on January 29 and will continue till 10 am on January 30.
The city is all prepared to celebrate the Saraswati Puja with pomp and gaiety. Puja pandals have been erected in different localities apart from schools, colleges and other educational institutions. Student hostels are witnessing a special enthusiasm on the occasion.
All academic institutions in city were seen making arrangements for the much-awaited festival. Puja pandals were decorated with bright and vibrant hues of yellow to pay obeisance to the Goddess on Wednesday morning.
Celebrated during the tithi of Vasant Panchami of Hindu calendar, Saraswati Puja is a day dedicated to knowledge, music and art. The day holds special significance among the students’ community who celebrates the occasion with much fanfare and invoke the blessings of the deity to excel in their studies. Both students and teachers take part in the rituals during the occasion.
- Human activity degraded over a third of remaining Amazon forest: Study
- Assam: AIUDF chief challenges stereotyping of Muslims in state
- Sikkim: Ruling SKM protests SC’s ‘Nepali immigrant’ verdict
- Tripura polls: BJP’s key poll plank will be development, says Assam CM
- Khelo India Youth Games to commence in Madhya Pradesh
- Go Green: Nagaland bride shuns flower waste for organic veggies