Guwahati: In the heart-wrenching incident when two children, namely Ishan and Evan, died in a fire incident in Guwahati that took place on January 23, the Assam government has ordered a magisterial inquiry into the unfortunate incident.
District magistrate, Kamrup Metropolitan district shall conduct the inquiry and ascertain the cause of the incident.
According to reports, he shall also suggests measures to prevent such incident in future and submit his reports within 15 days.
Also Read: Assam: On his birthday, kid charred to death along with brother
The brothers — Ishan Goswami (8) and Iban Goswami (5) — were on the first floor of their residence when the fatal fire engulfed the building. It was Iban’s fifth birthday on Thursday, and a grand party was to take place later in the evening.
It has been suspected that the boys first suffocated to death and then burnt as they were found in a closed room, holding each other. They were taken to Gauhati Medical College and Hospital (GMCH) where there were declared brought dead and a post-mortem was conducted.
- LS passes Rs 1.48 lakh crore supplementary grants sans debate
- Long Covid infection linked with risk of ‘face blindness’: Study
- Iraq war’s damage to public trust has consequences right up to today
- IMF approves USD 3 billion for debt-ridden Sri Lanka
- Indian students urge UK PM to act over English test scandal
- What can we expect from the final UN climate report?