Guwahati: Assam finance and education minister Himata Biswa Sarma on Saturday accused Congress of using VD Savarkar’s name in a bid to get a clean chit of Muhammad Ali Jinnah for partitioning India.
Replying to Congress MP Shashi Tharoor’s statement on Friday at an event in Jaipur where he said that Savarkar was the one who proposed the two-nation theory years before the Muslim League did, Assam minister Sarma said, “Savarkar has not created any Pakistan, Hindustan or Bangladesh, it is Jinnah who has created Pakistan. So do not bring Sarvarkar to give or to pardon Jinnah.”
The senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader of Assam said that Savarkar never advocated for Pakistan. “We are concerned with the people who through the two-nation theory created Pakistan. We are concerned about Jinnah, who has taken a part of our country and divided our country,” he added.
He said that it is a deliberate policy to bring the name of Savarkar so that Congress intellectual can exonerate Jinnah from the massacre of lakhs and lakhs of Hindu. They have nothing against Savarkar, they want to bring his name so that Jinnah can be exonerated, be given a clean chit by history.
- IT dept widens probe against actor Sonu Sood; search multiple premises
- Meghalaya yet to decide on oil palm cultivation: Forest minister
- Shenzhou-12 astronauts back on Earth after China’s longest space mission
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 17
- Need to increase mineral exploration in eastern states, says Centre
- Meghalaya Lottery September 17: Check Future Drought Morning lottery result