Kohima: Nagaland governor RN Ravi is all set to unfurl the national flag and take the salute at the state capital, Kohima, as part of Republic Day celebrations on Sunday.
However, unlike in previous years, the governor will not deliver any Republic Day speech at the state capital; instead his speech will be read out at all places. As per official sources, Ravi will give his Republic Day message a day earlier, on January 25 (Saturday) evening, through All India Radio Kohima and Doordarshan Kendra Kohima.
Meanwhile, preparations are going on in full swing at the Secretariat Plaza, Kohima for the state-level formal function and exhibition by government departments, official sources said.
- Treat patients first before initiating hospital admission process: Mamata to doctors
- Arunachal: CBI files charge sheet in APPSC question paper leak case
- For Zo refugees fleeing Bangladesh, BSF beating, ‘Mizoram is only hope’
- Indian High Commissioner presents credentials to King Charles
- Meghalaya: MLA Mohendro Rapsang to quit Cong, to join NPP
- India logs 249 fresh COVID-19 cases