Kohima: Informing that Union home minister Amit Shah has assured that the Citizenship (Amendment) Act (CAA) will not affect the Nagas, Nagaland chief minister Neiphiu Rio stressed on the need of proper use of Inner Line Permit in Nagaland.
“The Union home minister has assured that CAA will not affect the Nagas but our people should use the ILP carefully. Otherwise, the danger is our own people will misuse it. So it is the duty of the Government of Nagaland that the ILP is enforced properly. Otherwise, the danger is our own people will misuse it. So it is the duty of the Government of Nagaland that the ILP is enforced properly,” Nagaland chief minister Neiphiu Rio said while addressing public meeting at Pfutseromi village.
Regarding the present CAA issue, Rio said that the government demanded the Bengal Eastern Frontier Regulation Act (BEFRA) 1873 should be enforced in Nagaland.
“The Government of India has been kind enough and agreed that the BEFRA 1873 will be enforced, and that we Nagas have been exempted and protected from CAA, including Sixth Schedule tribes of Northeast,” the chief minister added.
- Assam Govt to re-examine all TET teachers’ credentials
- This Squid Game themed café in UAE is driving fans nuts!
- Encounter between NSCN Unification and Niki Sumi groups; 1 dead
- Assam: Rounak Ali Hazarika to be grilled in disproportionate asset case
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 18
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 18