Aizawl: A felicitation programme was held for participants from Mizoram in the just-concluded 3rd Khelo India Youth Games 2020 in the office of sports and youth services minister Robert Romawia Royte in Aizawl on Friday.
At the Khelo India Youth Games 2020, 77 Mizo players participated in 77 games — judo, table tennis, weightlifting, wrestling, football, boxing and hockey. Mizoram achieved 24th position with 3 gold, 2 silver and 5 bronze medals.
In boxing, Franky H Lalruatpuia got a silver medal in the 46 kg category, while two bronze medals were won by Laldinsanga and Lalhruaitluanga in the 50 kg and 70 kg, respectively.
Also Read: Over 11,000 Bru voters to be deleted from Mizoram electoral roll
In judo, Chinlunmawii got a gold in the under-21, 52 kg category. Jeho Himnakulhpuingheta and Alberto LR Ruata won gold in table tennis doubles. Jacob Vanlaltluanga and Silvana Beihrothatlo won a bronze in weightlifting while the Mizoram football team won a gold in the Under-17 category.
Speaking at the function, Sports Minister Robert Romawia Royte said that the SYS hostel which is currently under construction at Lunglei will soon be completed and the two years course will be changed to a four years course so that sportsperson can attend the academy course till the age of 19 years. He added that the state government is planning to introduce a new sports infrastructure with a greater plan for promotion of sports.
- Iraq war’s damage to public trust has consequences right up to today
- IMF approves USD 3 billion for debt-ridden Sri Lanka
- Indian students urge UK PM to act over English test scandal
- What can we expect from the final UN climate report?
- BJP is just a tenant, not owner of democracy: Cong
- WB govt plotting handing over of state-run edu institutions to pvt sector: JUTA