Kohima: With the ongoing North East Dr T Ao Trophy at the Indira Gandhi (IG) Stadium in Nagaland capital Kohima, the Department of Youth Resources and sports (DYRS) on Friday announced that free transportation for public will be provided till the last day of the mega football event.
A notification from the director said that although live streaming of the trophy at drtaotrophy.nagaland.gov.in garnered 57,435 page viewers till date, the number of spectators at the tournament venue is not “satisfactory”.
It said that to ease transportation issues, free bus services will be provided from the following points: High School junction to IG stadium from 1 pm onwards; and from IG Stadium to PR Hill at 6:30 pm from January 25-28.
IG Stadium, Nagaland’s only astro-turf football ground, has recently got a facelift with telecast quality floodlights, and has been upgraded players locker rooms and other facilities of international standards.
While the tournament has garnered lesser spectators, the stadium witnessed less number of football lovers on Friday evening during the match played between Nagaland and Manipur.
- Murky water: Meghalaya MLA goes all guns blazing at minister
- GoPro Hero 10 Black launched. Check specifications, price, more
- Nagaland Lottery September 17: Check Dear Hooghly Morning lottery result
- Congress celebrates PM’s birthday as #NationalUnemploymentDay, Twitterati play along
- Modi calls for SCO template to fight radicalisation, extremism
- IT dept widens probe against actor Sonu Sood; search multiple premises