Guwahati: Krishak Mukti Sangram Samiti (KMSS) leader Akhil Gogoi was once again taken under 14-day judicial custody on Friday.
According to reports, the peasant leader was produced before the NIA special court in Chandmari, which sent him to 14-day judicial custody again.
The leader, while reaching court, said that if people in Assam won’t protest unitedly then the Assamese community will be destroyed. “Now is the time to stage a massive protest against CAA,” he said.
Gogoi, who was leading an anti-CAA protest from Jorhat, was arrested by the police on December 12 last year. A case under Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act (UAPA) was registered against him.
- Mizoram churches condole death of Assam Police personnel in border clash
- Won’t allow illegal coke factories in East Jaintia Hills: MLA Kyrmen Shylla
- Independent committee to probe ‘rice scam’: Meghalaya govt
- Boundary row: Mizoram Youth Congress seeks President’s intervention
- The Optics of India’s ‘Chinky’ medalists at the Olympics
- Heartbreak as Indian women crash out of Olympic hockey final race