Imphal: Ahead of the Republic Day celebrations, a 10-year-old girl was injured on early on Thursday morning after a suspected improvised explosive device (IED) exploded on RIMS Road in Manipur’s capital Imphal, say reports.
The girl suffered a minor head injury from a broken glass splattered from the blast, the reports said.
The incident happened at 4:55 am near Lalambung Makong in front of a garment shop on RIMS Road under Lamphel Police Station in Imphal West district, said the reports.
As per reports, five shops were also damaged after the bomb exploded under an electricity post in the area.
No individual or any other organisation claimed responsibility for the blast by the time of filing this report.
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’
- Sikkim districts to undergo nomenclature change: CM Golay
- How this social entrepreneur is championing love for voiceless animals
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence