Kohima: Nagaland cricket team skipper Jonathan Rongsen became the first Naga to score a double century after his unbeaten double ton (200 n.o.) on the final day of the Ranji Trophy match against Bihar at the Nagaland Cricket Stadium, Sovima.
As per reports, Rongsen is not only the first Naga to score a double century in Ranji Trophy but is also the first Northeast native to achieve the feat.
Rongsen is reportedly the first native cricketer from the Northeast region to score a double century in Ranji Trophy, as non-native cricketers who have been playing for the Northeast states scored double centuries for the states that they represented.
The Naga skipper made his debut in fist-class cricket in the 2013–14 Ranji Trophy on December 6, 2013 playing for Railways in Karnataka.
Earlier in a conversation with EastMojo, Rongsen said that his “ultimate goal is to play for India one day or maybe play in the IPL ”.
- Garo’s colourful 100 Drums Wangala festival celebrated in Assam
- Drones to track Ganja plantation: Tripura CM
- Mizoram: BJP to form next govt in Mara Autonomous Council
- Arunachal CM exhorts people to perform fundamental duties
- Tripura BJP launches ‘Har Ghar BJP’ outreach programme before polls
- Contribution of women members of Constituent Assembly rarely discussed: PM Modi