Darjeeling: West Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee led a 4-km-long protest march in Darjeeling hills against the contentious Citizenship (Amendment) Act (CAA) on Wednesday.
The rally began at Bhanu Bhakta Bhavan near Mall in Darjeeling and concluded in the Chowkbazar area.
Banerjee has so far led 10 protest marches and six rallies in various parts of the state against the CAA and the proposed nationwide National Register of Citizens (NRC).
- Bengaluru FC beat gritty Army Green 3-2 to enter Durand Cup semifinals
- Assam claims PFI behind police-peasant conflict in Sipajhar
- Arunachal will benefit most from oil palm cultivation: Khandu
- Legislature needs to revisit laws to suit ‘practical realities’: CJI
- Cong questions Shah’s silence over Assam border row, Sipajhar
- Under Taliban, thriving Afghan music scene heads to silence