Guwahati: The first glimpse of the half-humanoid ‘Vyommitra‘, which the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is planning to send out to space in 2022, was unveiled at the Indian space agency’s headquarters in Bangalore.
Vyommitra, the robot, is capable of performing multiple tasks and also speaks two languages. The protype of the humanoid will go as trial before Gaganyaan, the space programme to send human beings into space.
The human team will consist of three men. Although there is no female on board Gaganyaan when it finally takes off in 2022, the half-humanoid is a woman.
- Assam cash for job scam: 57 civil servants arrested, dismissed
- Sarma launches Mission Lifestyle for Environment’ in Assam
- Over 30 projects being executed under Smart City Mission: Mizoram DyCM
- New Catfish species discovered in Arunachal
- 11 dead as powerful 6.8 magnitude earthquake jolts Pakistan, Afghanistan
- Not much impact of untimely rains on crops, states assessing damage: Tomar