Guwahati: The first glimpse of the half-humanoid ‘Vyommitra‘, which the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is planning to send out to space in 2022, was unveiled at the Indian space agency’s headquarters in Bangalore.
Vyommitra, the robot, is capable of performing multiple tasks and also speaks two languages. The protype of the humanoid will go as trial before Gaganyaan, the space programme to send human beings into space.
The human team will consist of three men. Although there is no female on board Gaganyaan when it finally takes off in 2022, the half-humanoid is a woman.
- Hunt for coronavirus variants: how the new one was found and what we know
- Tripura: 3-tier security for counting day, CPIM announces boycott
- Guwahati minor girl’s bravery, quick thinking foils kidnap bid
- Cannot be in situation where it is difficult to implement laws: Rijiju
- ICC calls off Women’s World Cup Qualifier over new COVID-19 variant
- Families stuck after sudden decision to ban flights to and from South Africa