Ukhrul: Days after a mysterious virus was detected in Khanmason village of Ukhrul district in Manipur, which already claimed two lives, a medical team was sent to the village on Tuesday to ascertain details.
The deceased were identified as Philangam (4) and Valleyjoy (38) of the Khanmason village. The duo, who belonged to different families, suddenly got infected and breathed their last within a few hours.
Later, another three people were moved to an Ukhrul hospital after complaining with similar symptoms that comprise restlessness and vomiting.
Accordingly, the village chairman sent out an SOS letter to Manipur chief minister N Biren Singh, after which a medical team was sent to the spot.
- An expert explains the recipe for making the perfect romcom
- Mizoram records 534.42 crores loss over two years due to African Swine Fever
- Arunachal: Tawang Marathon draws massive participation from across India, UK
- Mizoram Chief Minister accuses ZPM of contradictory actions regarding Chakma votes
- NASA just brought back the largest-ever asteroid sample
- Manipur: Wife of man arrested by NIA says he is wrongly implicated