Guwahati: Assam’s rising boxer and World Youth Women’s Boxing Championship gold medalist Ankushita Boro on Wednesday bagged the first gold medal for the host state in boxing events during the ongoing 3rd Khelo India Youth Games (KYIG) 2020 in Guwahati.
As per latest scoreboards received from KYIG, the 19-year old boxer Boro bagged her gold medal at the 64 kg, U-21 girls’ boxing event played at the Sports Authority of India (SAI) centre in Guwahati.
The promising pugilist, hailing from Assam’s Sonitpur district, first caught the attention of the masses with her performances at AIBA Women’s Youth World Championship held in Guwahati in 2017.
With the latest milestone achieved in separate events at KYIG, Assam brought up its total medal tally as on Wednesday (2.36 pm) with a total of 73 medals (20 gold,20 silver and 33 bronze) and came back to the seventh position. On top of the charts was Maharashtra with 250 medals (77 gold, 74 silver and 100 bronze), followed by Haryana at 194 medals (66 gold, 59 silver and 69 bronze) and Delhi at 117 medals (36 gold, 36 silver and 45 bronze).
- Boxing legend Mike Tyson to make Bollywood debut with ‘Liger’
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 27
- Shillong Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 27
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke any response in Arunachal Pradesh
- Mizoram CM’s sister dies of Covid-19; state records 527 new cases
- Successive Assam govts plied ‘encroachers’ with permanent facilities before evicting them