Shillong: A personal security officer (PSO) of Meghalaya health minister AL Hek accidentally shot himself in the leg at the U Soso Tham Auditorium, where Meghalaya Day celebration was taking place, on Tuesday.
According to the police, PSO Wanshan Wahlang accidentally pressed the trigger of his gun while cleaning it. The bullet pierced through his leg and hit the door of a vehicle, the police added.
The incident took place on Tuesday afternoon, when Hek was inside the auditorium attending the Meghalaya Day celebrations.
People who were around the area heard the gunshot, which led to a short commotion. Police officials present at the spot were quick to handle the situation and the PSO was immediately rushed to the hospital.
Upon hearing about the incident, Hek immediately left the celebration and rushed to the hospital to check on the injured PSO.
During the incident, no other people got injured and the celebrations continued peacefully.
- China sanctions top Taiwanese officials after 2nd US delegation’s visit to Taipei
- Assam pays tribute to INA’s ‘Singing Soldier’ composer of National Anthem’s tune
- Assam: 15-feet Burmese Python weighing 100 kg rescued in Baska
- Mizoram: Man, 25, arrested for brutally assaulting wife
- Tripura gets access to Mongla port in Bangladesh
- Nagaland Lottery August 16: Check Dear Moon Tuesday lottery result