New Delhi: Eight Indian tourists, including 4 children who were from Kerala, died in a Nepal resort possibly due to suffocation after they used a gas heater in their hotel room on Tuesday.
The deceased were identifies as Prabhin Kumar Nair (39), Sharanya (34), Rehjith Kumar TB (39), Indu Renjith (34), and their children Sreebhadra (9), Abhinav Soorya (9), Abhi Nair (7) and Vaishnav Renjith (2).
They hailed from Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala and travelled to Nepal on a holiday. The tourists were travelling to Pokhara to take a flight back to India and had made a stop at the resort for the night.
According to reports, the eight were found lying in an unconscious state after the hotel’s staff opened the room on Tuesday morning using duplicate keys since they failed to answer the doorbells.
The hotel management arranged to airlift them to HAMS Hospital in Dhumbarahi Kathmandu, where they were declared dead on arrival. Since the temperatures were very low, all the windows and the doors were bolted from inside. Police have also confirmed that in their preliminary assumption tourists might have died due to suffocation caused by lack of ventilation.
Meanwhile, in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan condoled the death of tourists from the state in Nepal.
- SC stays implementation of Tripura HC orders on security cover to Ambanis
- Udaipur tailor cremated, funeral procession amid tight security
- Shinde, rebel Sena MLAs our guests: Assam govt
- Rebel Shiv Sena MLAs leave Guwahati hotel for airport
- WB govt scraps centralised online admission system to UG courses
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for June 29