Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh bagged its third gold medal in weightlifting in the Under-21, 71 kg girls’ category after PH Roshni came out on top at the ongoing 3rd Khelo India Youth Games 2020 being held in Guwahati, Assam.
Roshni lifted a total of 183 kg (80 kg in snatch and clean & jerk 103 kg). The medal tally for Arunachal Pradesh now stands at 10 with three gold, five silver and two bronze medals as on January 19.
On Sunday, another weightlifter Markio Tario brought the second gold medal for Arunachal Pradesh at the ongoing youth games. He won in the U-21, 67 kg boys’ weightlifting event.
Earlier, Tario became the combined national weightlifting champion in both youth and junior sections at the Youth and Junior National Weightlifting Championship held in October last year in Bihar.
Meanwhile, Golom Tinku was the first one to bring a gold for the Northeastern state at the Khelo India Youth Games. Tinku won in the U-17, 55 kg boy’s weightlifting event.
- BJP is just a tenant, not owner of democracy: Cong
- WB govt plotting handing over of state-run edu institutions to pvt sector: JUTA
- Education ministry preparing guidelines for students’ mental, emotional wellbeing: Pradhan
- US condemns attack on Indian consulate in San Francisco
- Meghalaya: World Tuberculosis Day observed at Purakhasia
- ‘Mrs Chatterjee Vs Norway’ raises Rs 13 crore in opening weekend