Itanagar: Weightlifter Markio Tario brought the second gold medal for Arunachal Pradesh at the ongoing 3rd Khelo India Youth Games 2020 in Guwahati, Assam on Sunday. He won in the U-21, 67 kg boys’ weightlifting event.
Earlier, Tario became the combined national weightlifting champion in both youth and junior sections at the Youth and Junior National Weightlifting Championship held in October last year in Bihar.
Meanwhile, Golom Tinku was the first one to bring a gold for the Northeastern state at the Khelo India Youth Games. Tinku won in the U-17, 55 kg boy’s weightlifting event.
Chief minister Pema Khandu congratulated Tinku and Tario on Twitter and wished team Arunachal representing the state in the sports competition.
- Bill on women’s reservation needs careful consideration, says govt
- Mixed reactions from Singhu locals as farmers suspend protest
- Mary Kom, Amit Panghal missing from list of national campers
- Scheduled international passenger flights to remain suspended till Jan 31: DGCA
- Assam journos who died of COVID not in beneficiary list of welfare scheme
- BJP MP in Rajya Sabha makes case for Uniform Civil Code