Guwahati: Assam’s Shivangi Sharma bagged her fourth gold medal after coming out on top in the 100 m freestyle U-21 women’s swimming event at the ongoing 3rd Khelo India Youth Games 2020 in Guwahati on Sunday.
While Sharma won the gold, Goa’s Saachi Gramopahyay and Madhya Pradesh’s Kiran Shet Nariyekar won the silver and the bronze medals, respectively.
Earlier on Saturday, Sharma won her third gold in the girls’ U-21 400m freestyle event, helping Assam touch double-figures in terms of gold medals won.
Meanwhile, as on Sunday (8 pm), Assam stood at 7th in the medal tally with 41 medals (13 gold, 13 silver and 15 bronze). On top of the charts was Maharashtra with 193 medals (60 gold, 57 silver and 76 bronze), followed by Haryana at 136 medals (45 gold, 41 silver and 50 bronze) and Delhi at 97 medals (30 gold, 28 silver and 39 bronze).
- Iraq war’s damage to public trust has consequences right up to today
- IMF approves USD 3 billion for debt-ridden Sri Lanka
- Indian students urge UK PM to act over English test scandal
- What can we expect from the final UN climate report?
- BJP is just a tenant, not owner of democracy: Cong
- WB govt plotting handing over of state-run edu institutions to pvt sector: JUTA