Lahe: The Naga New Year Festival was celebrated with much fanfare at the Lahe town in the Naga Self-Administered Zone of Sagaing Division on the north-west frontier of Myanmar from January 12 to 16 this year.
This special occasion allowed visitors the chance to experience the traditions and customs of Myanmar’s Naga people. For the Naga, New Year is a significant time when people share their wishes and hopes for the future, and families are reunited.
It is a time of great celebration; where lovely dances are performed in traditional dress, to the beat and sounds of traditional instruments.
This year, Myanmar president Win Myint graced the occasion as the chief guest. Several other dignitaries were also present during the festival.
Here are some pictures from this year’s Naga New Year Festival:
- Watch: Meghalaya children fall sick after eating ice cream
- Develop ALGs to start fixed-wing flight services in Arunachal: CM to Centre
- Tokyo logs record 5,042 new COVID-19 cases as infections surge amid Olympic Games
- Arunachal: Centre okays memorial for jawan who killed 79 Chinese soldiers in 1962 war
- Assam Gorkhas won’t be tried and prosecuted under the Citizenship Act
- Nagaland Assembly concerned over school ‘occupied’ by Assam Police 14 yrs ago