Dimapur: People in large numbers took part in an anti-Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA) rally, organised by a Facebook group called Nagaland Against CAA in Dimapur, Nagaland on Saturday.
The rally was organised in the heart of the town at Supermarket area where hundreds of college students and various civil societies gathered to voice out against the Citizenship (Amendment) Act in Dimapur.
The peaceful protest witnessed powerful performances; where the youths came forward to put on powerful singing performances, drama, beat boxing and patriotic speeches. The flair of the youths was also displayed with paintings and various other placards that they made during the protest.
Speaking to EastMojo at the peaceful protest, Akavi N Zhimomi, a social activist, said, “Any such law that discriminates people on the basis of religion and CAA is one such act which everyone knows that, communities, especially Muslims, are being discriminated and Nagaland is one such state, since time immemorial where all communities have been living in peaceful co-existence without troubling one another. So Nagaland should not be a dumping ground and Nagaland should not be a place where all should of problems should arise.”
- Nagaland Assembly concerned over school ‘occupied’ by Assam Police 14 yrs ago
- Allegations of snooping serious, if correct: SC on Pegasus row
- Mirabai Chanu rewards truckers who gave her free lifts during training days
- I want a suitable govt job: Hockey player Nilakanta Sharma to Manipur CM
- Wrestler Ravi Dahiya settles for silver after losing final to world champion Uguev
- Police in Bangladesh recovers Lord Vishnu’s black stone statue