Guwahati: Following the inclusion of two BJP legislators as ministers of state with independent charges, Assam chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal has made a reshuffle in the portfolios allotted to his ministers on Saturday.
In a significant development, CM Sonowal has given the responsibility of state education department to Himanta Biswa Sarma again cutting down the portfolio from Siddhartha Bhattacharya. The responsibility of the department as minister of state for education has been given to Bhabesh Kalita.
Newly inducted minister Sanjoy Kishan has been given the responsibility of minister of state with independent charge for tea tribe welfare and labour welfare. Jogen Mohan will be the minister of state (independent) for departments like revenue and disaster management.
Following is the list of portfolios allotted to ministers after Saturday’s reshuffle:
1. Sarbananda Sonowal: Chief minister, Assam: Home, Political, Personnel, GAD, SAD, Implementation of Assam Accord, Administrative Reform & Training, Election, Information & Public Relation, Border Areas Development, Sports & YW, Power, Labour Welfare and any other department not allotted to the other ministers.
2. Himanta Biswa Sarma: Finance, Transformation & Development, Health & Family Welfare, PWD, Education (Higher, Secondary & Elementary).
3. Atul Bora: Agriculture, Horticulture and Food Processing, Animal Husbandry and Veterinary.
4. Pramila Rani Brahma: Social Welfare and Soil Conservation.
5. Keshab Mahanta: Water Resources, Science & Technology, Information Technology, Cultural Affairs (only Library& Archeology matters)
6. Parimal Suklabaidya: Fisheries, Excise, Environment & Forest.
7. Ranjit Dutta: Handloom and Textile and Sericulture (including Khadi and Village Industry), Welfare of Minorities.
8. Chandra Mohan Patowaty: Commerce and Industry, Transport, Parliamentary Affair, Act East Policy Affairs, Skill Entrepreneur & Employment.
9. Siddartha Bhattacharya: Guwahati Development Department, Law & Justice, Cooperation
10. Sum Ronghang: Hills Area Development, Mines & Minerals.
11. Phani Bhusan Choudhury: Food & Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Pension & Public Grievance.
12. Chandan Brahma: Tourism, Welfare of Plain Tribes and Backward Classes (WPT&BC).
13. Rihon Daimari: Public Health Engineering, Public Enterprise. Ministers of State
14. Naba Kumar Doley: Panchayat and Rural Development (Independent), Cultural Affairs Excluding Library & Archaeology matters (Independent), Environment & Forest (assist cabinet Minister as MoS).
15. Bhabesh Kalita: Irrigation (Independent), Education (assist Cabinet Minister as MoS).
16. Pijush Hazarika: Urban Development including T&CP (Independent), Health & Family Welfare (assst Cabinet Minister as MoS).
17. Jogen Mohan: Revenue & DM (Independent), PWD (assist Cabinet Minister as MoS).
18. Sanjoy Kishan: Tea Tribe Welfare (Independent), Labour Welfare (assist Cabinet Minister as MoS).
- Sikkim reports 17 fresh COVID-19 cases, one new fatality
- Arunachal a goldmine for adventure tourism: Mountaineer Anshu Jamsenpa
- UP: Tension at Sankisa Buddhist pilgrimage site; saffron flag pulled down from temple
- India boosts firepower in forward areas along LAC in Arunachal sector
- Nagaland reports 18 new COVID-19 cases
- Meghalaya Congress chief slams govt over fuel price hike