Guwahati: It’s almost confirmed that the state unit of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) will fight the ensuing assembly elections under the leadership of Ranjeet Kumar Dass again as the stage is all set to announce his reappointment as the party chief for the next three years.
Sources in the state unit of the BJP informed EastMojo that till the completion of last date of filing of nomination papers, which got over at 4 pm on Friday, only Dass filed the papers for the post. His name is now likely to be declared unopposed by the party for the post soon.
Dass will be reappointed as president of Assam unit of the BJP on January 18 as his term got over on December 16 last year.
A legislator from the Sarbhog constituency, Dass was elected as the Speaker of the state legislative assembly when chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal took charge in June 2016. However, the BJP national leadership wanted Dass to take charge of the state party. He resigned from the post of Speaker in December 2016 and assumed the role of party president in January 2017.
- Cong, CPI(M) don’t believe in Ram, Krishna: Yogi at Tripura poll rally
- Actor Rakhi Sawant accuses husband Adil Durrani of assault, theft
- Propose Day 2023: Messages and wishes to send your loved ones
- Meghalaya 2023: Cong not a ‘sinking ship’, says party’s Mylliem candidate
- PM Modi effected transformation in Tripura, northeast: BJP
- Jetlag hits differently depending on your travel direction. Here are 6 tips