Tinsukia: Three people died in a road accident on the Namsai-Wakro national highway in Arunachal Pradesh on Wednesday.
While one died on the spot, who was identified as Satyapati Chakma, 19 others were injured in the accident. The death toll increased to three after two more persons succumbed to their injuries while being treated at Assam Medical College and Hospital in Dibrugarh, Assam.
The group was on the way for a picnic, travelling in a pick-up vehicle with Assam registration number, from Dayun circle in Changlang district towards Parshuram Kund in Tezu district.
Speaking with EastMojo, Namsai SP Ankit Singh said, “Their vehicle turned turtle near Tengapani reserve forest after the driver of the vehicle lost control while negotiating a sharp turn.”
“One woman died on the spot and one in hospital,” Singh said adding: “A case (02/20) under section of 279/304(a)/337/338 of Indian Penal Code has been registered.”
The medical superintendent of Namsai district hospital, A Wailong, said, “We received 19 injured persons. Few of them were referred to the Assam Medical College and Hospital in Dibrugarh in Assam.”
“Two persons succumbed to their injuries,” added Wailong.
- Bitbns announces Cryptocurrency for India’s Olympics medallists
- COVID-19 herd immunity? It’s not going to happen, so what next?
- RBI cautions against fraudulent offers of buying/selling old notes
- IndiGo starts operating flights on Imphal-Shillong route
- Mizoram churches condole death of Assam Police personnel in border clash
- Won’t allow illegal coke factories in East Jaintia Hills: MLA Kyrmen Shylla