Guwahati: In a heartwarming video which has now gone viral, Indian Army personnel are seen carrying a pregnant woman on a stretcher for four hours through heavy snow in Kashmir valley on Wednesday.
The video was shared on Twitter by the official account of Chinar Corps – Indian Army.
According to them, the woman Shamima required immediate hospitalisation. To help her, 100 army personnel along with 30 civilians walked with the expecting mother through heavy snow for four hours.
A healthy baby was born in the hospital, and both the mother and the newborn child now are doing fine.
“During heavy snowfall, an expecting mother Mrs Shamima, required emergency hospitalisation. For 4 hours over 100 Army persons & 30 civilans walked with her on stretcher through heavy snow. Baby born in hospital, both mother & child doing fine. #VRWithU4U,” tweeted Chinar Corps – Indian Army.
Hailing the “valour and professionalism” of the jawans, Prime Minister Narendra Modi shared the video on Twitter. He wrote, “Our Army is known for its valour and professionalism. It is also respected for its humanitarian spirit. Whenever people have needed help, our Army has risen to the occasion and done everything possible! Proud of our Army. I pray for the good health of Shamima and her child.”
- Won’t spare those involved in Abonmai’s murder: Manipur CM
- 1xBet announced partnership with Dwayne Bravo in India
- NESAC Director visits Assam Survey & Settlement Training Centre
- BJP blames Islamist outfit PFI for eviction drive attack on Assam Police
- Assam NCC cadet clears SSB, to join IAF as flying officer
- Are you wearing the right mask to prevent contracting Covid-19?