Alipurduar: Paikus Bakala, a labourer working at the Santali Tea Garden of Kalchini block in West Bengal’s Alipurduar district witnessed a change in his fortunes when he won a lottery on Tuesday.
Bakala reportedly won a jackpot of Rs 1 crore on a mere Rs 6 lottery ticket. He is a resident of Thomas Line in the Santali Tea Garden.
Bakala apparently bought the lottery ticket on Tuesday evening from Hasimara Chowpathi area. Staying humble, Bakala said that when he gets the reward money, he will donate some of it to the plantation church and the rest will help the underprivileged labourers of the tea garden.
- Relief package for telecom sector to aid NE connectivity too: Vaishnaw
- Centre working to transform Northeast into growth hub: Shekhawat
- Assam Police introduces helpline for Arunachal travellers, vehicles
- PM Modi turns 71: Here’s how Nagaland celebrated
- Leaders of Lanka, Nepal wish PM Modi on his 71st birthday
- Daily COVID-19 vaccination crosses 1-crore mark for the fourth time