Guwahati: With the 3rd Khelo India Youth Games 2020 currently underway in Guwahati, Assam secured another gold medal after Surajit Buragohain ranked first in lawn bowl in the U-21 boys’ category at Sarusajai Sports Complex on Wednesday.
Burhagohain defeated Ahishek Lakra from Jharkhand, who got the silver, and Karan Chowdhary from West Bengal and Ayush Bharadwaj from Delhi winning the bronze medal.
Meanwhile, Manipur too won a gold in cycling in the under-17 boys’ team sprint category in three laps.
As per the latest medals tally released by the organisers, Assam now ranks 12 with 6 gold, 7 silver and 10 bronze with a total of 23 medals. Manipur is three notches higher at 9 with 25 medals (9 gold, 8 silver and 8 bronze).
- Brain-dead man gives new lease of life to 4 patients, family donates organs
- India’s vaccination prog. science- born, science-driven, science-based: PM
- Nagaland reports 11 new COVID-19 cases, recoveries surpass new infections
- NCB records actor Ananya Panday’s statement; likely to call her on Friday
- Meghalaya deputy CM says physical possession of Harijan Colony land soon
- PCOD? Here’s a list of foods to add to your diet