Guwahati: Assam Don Bosco University has bagged the ‘Engaged University of the Year 2020 Asia pacific Award’ in Kerala recently for the university’s monumental work in community engagement and social service.
The prestigious award was conferred by the Accreditation Council for Entrepreneurial & Engaged Universities (ACEEU).
Assam Don Bosco University won the award against stiff competition from the final shortlisted institutions across the Asia-Pacific region including Swinburne University of Technology (Australia), Fuzhou University (China), Melbourne Polytechnic (Australia), Singapore University of (Australia) and Australian Catholic University (Australia).
Also Read: This Assam girl is all set to send her artwork to Moon in 2022
Assam Don Bosco University pro-vice chancellor Joseph Nellanatt received the award on behalf of the university at a gala ceremony held in Kerala.
Established in 2008, Don Bosco University is a project of the Salesians of Don Bosco (SDB) executed by Don Bosco Society, Azara.
It is the first university in India of the worldwide Don Bosco society. In October 2018, the university was awarded ‘University of Year’ by Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) at the 14th FICCI higher education summit 2018 held in New Delhi.
- OIL launches airborne gravity gradiometry, magnetics survey
- Succession finale: HBO’s epic family drama comes to an end
- Arunachal: Hindi writer Jumsi Siram wins Lummer Dai Literary Award
- Can chronic pain be measured objectively using brain signals?
- Multi-cancer blood test shows promise of quicker diagnosis in UK
- BJP won just 46 out of 180 seats in 3 NE states in 2023: Manik Sarkar