Guwahati: Assam Don Bosco University has bagged the ‘Engaged University of the Year 2020 Asia pacific Award’ in Kerala recently for the university’s monumental work in community engagement and social service.
The prestigious award was conferred by the Accreditation Council for Entrepreneurial & Engaged Universities (ACEEU).
Assam Don Bosco University won the award against stiff competition from the final shortlisted institutions across the Asia-Pacific region including Swinburne University of Technology (Australia), Fuzhou University (China), Melbourne Polytechnic (Australia), Singapore University of (Australia) and Australian Catholic University (Australia).
Assam Don Bosco University pro-vice chancellor Joseph Nellanatt received the award on behalf of the university at a gala ceremony held in Kerala.
Established in 2008, Don Bosco University is a project of the Salesians of Don Bosco (SDB) executed by Don Bosco Society, Azara.
It is the first university in India of the worldwide Don Bosco society. In October 2018, the university was awarded ‘University of Year’ by Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) at the 14th FICCI higher education summit 2018 held in New Delhi.
- Nagaland: Teachers to intensify stir, go on indefinite hunger strike
- Assam: Seven persons missing in Brahmaputra boat capsize
- Northeastern girls being lured with fake job promises: NCW chief
- Meghalaya: Will Harijan Colony residents agree to relocation plan?
- Nagaland construction workers: Unheard, invisible, and at risk
- IIT Guwahati develops new modelling methods to assess probability of failure of composite materials