Aizawl: For the first time in history, Mizoram’s famous indigenous game will be showcased at the national level, an official said on Thursday.
The official said that Mizo indigenous or traditional game — “Insuknawr” or rod pushing sport will be demonstrated at the third Khelo India Youth Games to be held in Guwahati from January 10 to 22.
He said that Mizoram state sports council has been invited to demonstrate the game on January 14.
He added six players accompanied by two officials from Mizoram Indigenous Games Association will be sent to Guwahati to show case the game at the national event.
Insuknawr is one of the famous Mizo indigenous games which is actually a rod pushing sport. In this game, two players try to push each other out of a ring by holding a bamboo or wooden staff. It is commonly played among bachelors, who volunteered themself to protect villages during olden days.
Meanwhile, the state government has expressed happiness for the opportunity to showcase the Mizo indigenous game at the national level.
The state government is making massive effort to promote various Mizo indigenous games at the national games.
- Assam: Driver shot at during robbery attempt on vehicle in Nagaon
- TMC’s public rally: Sec 144 imposed across West district, Tripura HC declines to interfere
- Two pilots killed after Army helicopter crash lands in J&K’s Udhampur
- Shillong Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 21
- COVID-19 vaccines effective for cancer patients? Here’s what a study says
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 21