Shillong: Irked by Meghalaya home minister James Sangma’s behavioural attitude towards a journalist on Monday, the media fraternity of the state held a meeting at the Shillong Press Club on Tuesday.
According to the media fraternity, Sangma has been avoiding them and has continued to turn down any appointment sought by journalists.
The media fraternity has now sent a letter to the home minister seeking for his apology and also demanded him to answer a list of questions that have been in the pipeline for quite a long time.
Here are a few of the 24 questions submitted to the home minister:
What are the actions being taken by the state government to prevent illegal transportation of coal in the state?
What do you have to say on the allegation that these illegalities are being carried out right under the nose of the state police?
When is the state delegation meeting the Union home minister Amit Shah on the Inner Line Permit (ILP) issue?
A mock drill was conducted on 6 January 2020, creating panic among the public in the city. Is the government anticipating any future trouble and from who?
- Assam: 74 rare tortoises seized from Silchar-Sealdah train, 2 arrested
- Internet ban in Manipur again? Check details here
- Nagaland: Church condemns PM’s call for cleanliness drive on Sunday
- Ukhrul: Journalists boycott 24 AR over ‘harassment’ of reporter
- Mizoram: Serchhip district celebrates silver jubilee amid HIV, drug abuse concerns
- Tripura HC dismisses one of ‘10,323’ teachers’ plea, fines petitioner