New Delhi: A city court on Tuesday said that all the four convicts in the 2012 Nirbhaya gangrape case — Mukesh, Vinay Sharma, Akshay Singh and Pawan Gupta — will be hanged at 7 am in New Delhi’s Tihar Jail on January 22.
The court has given 14 days for the convicts to exercise their legal remedies.
The four convicts were found guilty in the 2012 gangrape, torture and killing of a young medical student in Delhi.
In December last year, the Supreme Court had dismissed the review petition in the case filed by convict Akshay Singh. Nirbhaya’s parents then asked a lower court to issue a death warrant but the judge had deferred a decision until Tuesday.
- Thirteen Indians trapped in Myanmar’s Myawaddy area rescued
- Sikkim: Sangram Party merges with Bhaichung’s Hamro Sikkim Party
- Guwahati’s Deepshikha Hazarika missing in Uttarakhand avalanche
- India logs 2,468 new Covid cases, 17 deaths
- Manipur: CM Biren inaugurates two open gyms for public in Imphal
- 14 rescued as search ops resume to trace mountaineers in avalanche-hit U’khand peak