Guwahati: Keeping aside speculations relating to the fate of the three Indian Premier League (IPL) matches scheduled to be played at Barsara Cricket Stadium in Guwahati, Assam finance minister Himanta Biswa Sarma has confirmed that the city will host three matches of the cash-rich league.
According to a local news channel report, Sarma, who visited the ongoing Dwijing Festival in Chirang on Monday, said that the secretary of the BCCI, Jay Shah, had assured him of Guwahati getting three IPL matches to host in the upcoming season of the tournament.
Also Read: Guwahati T20I flop show: Assam Cricket Association clarifies: LIVE
“I had a brief discussion with Jay Shah, secretary of the BCCI, yesterday and he assured me that 3 IPL matches are definitely going to take place in Guwahati,” the news channel reported Sarma as saying on Sunday.
Assam governor Jagdish Mukhi, chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal, Tripura chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb, Assam finance minister Himanta Biswa Sarma and BCCI secretary Jay Shah, among others, were present during the washed-out T20I match at Barsapara Stadium in Guwahati on Sunday evening.
- Blackpink member Jisoo tests COVID-19 positive, to miss [BORN PINK] World Tour shows in Japan
- India committed to enhancing ties with Nepal: President Murmu
- Assam: Tezpur Univ to host conference on India’s rich heritage
- Naga club vandalism: NSF directs members to hoist black flags
- Northeast Startup Festival held in Singapore
- UPSC offers alternative centres to Manipur candidates to appear for test