Guwahati: India’s first T20 international with Sri Lanka in Guwahati on Sunday was a bummer, as rain played spoilsport. But the strong crowd of cricket fans kept the spirit of the game alive by sining Vande Mataram, when the groundsmen were toiling to quickly dry the pitch at Barsapapra Cricket Stadium.
An aerial video of the packed stadium, with 35,000 fans chanting the national song with their mobile flashlights on has since then gone viral.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) shared the video of the mesmerising view from its official Twitter handle with a caption that read: “Guwahati, you beauty.”
Even though the India-Sri Lanka match could not be played on Sunday, the mass singalong was remarkable and quite a view.
- Hornbill Festival: Akashvani showcases vintage radio equipment
- Assam: Mahura Weaves opens showroom at Guwahati’s Roodraksh Mall
- Cong ignored spirit of anti-BJP alliance in state polls: Ex-Tripura CM
- Nagaland’s Keneilelie Sorünuo wins Silver in National Bodybuilding C’ship
- Digitised records from wildlife centres show how humans harm wild animals
- Mizoram: ZPM promises zero tolerance against corruption