Shillong: A 12-year-old boy was killed and six others were left injured after the car they were traveling in fell into a 200-ft-deep gorge in Shillong-Mawlai bypass in Meghalaya late on Friday evening.
The incident happened when the family was returning from Fun Thrill Park in Ri Bhoi and were on their way home. A source mentioned that the cause of the accident was speeding.
The victim, identified as Flavian Thangkhiew (12), was declared brought dead at Shillong Civil Hospital.
The source also added that one of the injured, Dedan Thangkhiew, managed to climb uphill seeking for help despite the injuries he received.
All the injured persons were rescued by fire service personnel. Emergency services were quick to respond after they were notified of the mishap.
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’
- Sikkim districts to undergo nomenclature change: CM Golay
- How this social entrepreneur is championing love for voiceless animals
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence