Guwahati: After being out of national duty for almost four long months, Jasprit Bumrah is back with a bang as the host country gets ready to take on visiting Sri Lanka in the first game of the 3-match Paytm Trophy T20 series at Barsapara Stadium, Guwahati, Assam on Sunday.
Ahead of the match in Guwahati on Saturday, the medium pacer was seen to be doing what he does best.
In a video uploaded by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), Bumrah is seen in full form at Barsapara Stadium. “Missed this sight anyone? How’s that from @Jaspritbumrah93,” the caption said. The video has gone viral on social media.
In a Twitter message, Bumrah wrote: “Back in my comfort zone.”
As Bumrah gears up to return to international action, he was seen continuously having a chat with bowling coach Bharat Arun during Team India’s training session in Guwahati. Bumrah played his last game against the West Indies in which he took seven wickets.
The inaugural match of the series is also believed to be important for both the teams keeping in mind the forthcoming T20 World Cup, scheduled to be held in Australia in November this year.
Even though the capacity of the stadium is 39,400, over 42,000 people will be inside the stadium during the match. Because of poor views, almost 1,000 seats have been kept as unsold, Assam Cricket Association (ACA) president Ramen Dutta said.
- India-US relationship not narrowed to bilateral gains: Jaishankar
- Chinese loan apps: ED freezes Rs 9.82 cr worth funds kept in payment gateway accounts
- Pakistan’s new finance minister Ishaq Dar no longer a ‘proclaimed offender’
- India-China ties have great bearing on world: Chinese envoy
- Top 5 Anime and Manga theme attractions in real life you didn’t know about
- What position should I sleep in, and is there a ‘right’ way to sleep?