Guwahati: Thunderstorms accompanied with hail and lightning are likely at isolated places over several Northeast states including Sikkim, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram and Tripura, said India Met department on Friday evening.
Under the influence of lower level easterlies and upper tropospheric westerly trough, scattered to fairly widespread rainfall is likely over east India during the next 24 hours, the Met department said.
Meanwhile, thunderstorms accompanied with lightning may also happen at isolated places over Vidarbha, Chhattisgarh, Gangetic West Bengal and Odisha during the next 24 hours, it added.
On Friday, people in several places of Northeast India including Guwahati woke up to modered rains, which brought down temperatures. The city recorded a maximum temperature of 18 degrees Celsius during the day.
In Assam, SkymetWeather has predicted rain and thundershower with gusty winds at many places, associated with hailstorm at few places over Barpeta, Biswanath, Karimganj, Kokrajhar, Lakhimpur, Sonitpur, South Salmara-Mankachar and Tinsukia in the next 24-36 hours.
- Beethoven’s genome map gives clues on his health, death, family
- VCs meet at USTM: Varsities must have global outlook, says Ramnath Kovind
- ‘YOU’ Season 4, Part 2: Crazy, unpredictable & polarising
- In Assam’s Dhemaji, infra growth, erratic rains shift farming practices
- Antisemitism on Twitter has more than doubled since Elon Musk took over
- Frequent earthquakes vs vulnerabilities of the Himalayan region